These days nearly all mobile app development services like Cross Platform Development, Android App Development and iOS App Development bring advantages like 100% transparency, highly responsive, better quality and business value with them. These have recreated the way how technology can be helpful for people of all age, including kids. These have defined a new way to provide education to current and future generations. It’s a mix of learning with fun and reduces the dependency on books.
Factors that Affect Cost of a Product
Children learn and believe upon the things that they see. Therefore the purpose of development of app must be determined before the designing and development work starts. An educational app thus needs to be informative in addition to graphics, animation and fun element. It must contribute to a child’s analytical, logical, cognitive and creative skills. If not all of them, at least the app must at-least be able to suffice a few of these criteria. Often a need arises to consult a child psychologist or a child interaction specialist who can guide through the various stages of child’s development. Here an expert creative / graphic designer is also be required who can depict the information effectively.
Important Features of a Good Educational App
Some of the basic and critically essential features required to be a part of educational apps, specially for kids are:
- They must be free of advertisements, unnecessary links and pop ups etc.
- Simplicity is the very first criteria as children are our primary audience
- Locked menu settings and level changes must be controlled by adults
- There must be option to mute the music
- Language used must be simple
- Only necessary buttons must be placed to avoid complexity
- Feedback for wrong answers and encouragement for correct ones must be there
Mobile App development cost hardly differs from Web App development cost.
The amount of time, effort and research required to build a software application determines its cost.
Standard utility applications without flashy graphics and animations cost around $1k – $10k.
Interactive design with customization features and cloud storage makes the price of the app to go up to $2k – $25k.
More features that are essential to be considered and which play important roles in determining the cost of the application are:
- The operating platform on which it will function, such as windows, IOS, Android etc
- Appropriate Mobile App Development Company and corresponding developers must be chosen to accomplish the task properly. They must understand basic requirement correctly and must have decent knowledge of technology and domain to be worked upon
- Geographical location of the developer or the development company which will be creating the app also matters a lot. Hourly rate of app development in almost all countries of Asia or Middle-East range from $10-$20 per hour while the same app will cost $120-$160 in European companies or USA. Cost of freelance developers lies somewhere between $5-$15 / hour in Asia or Middle East while the same cost at $150 / hour in Europe or USA. Diversity of talent, cheap labor cost, currency flow and exchange rates also ascertain the software development cost.
App development cost for an app with basic functionality and features is around $12,000 in Asia and around $40,000 in USA. This is subject to change with increase in complexity.